Markets.com is a forex and CFD broker. The have a wide selection of assets to invest in and pretty good looking trading platform. But is it a genuine option for making money – before signing up make sure you read this post so you have all the details
Markets.com offers a very large selection of markets to invest in. It offers the major forex pairs, as well as minor and exotics. There are over 2000 stocks to trade, from all over the world, as well as ETF’s, indices and commodities. You can now also trade cryptocurrencies. Obviously bitcoin is there but you can also trade Dash and Ripple and a number of other popular cryptos.
I think they offer the largest selection of instruments that I have seen on a broker.
Markets.com doesn’t charge a commission, but instead uses a spread. They also charge a daily swap fee for positions that rollover.
One thing to note – Markets.com uses dynamic spreads. So in times of volatility the spread can change. This can catch traders out if you’re not careful. I really don’t like this, but it’s something that most brokers do. Just watch out for it!
Markets.com offers good support. They offer phone, email and live chat (which I always prefer to use).
Something that jumped out at me was that Markets.com supports paypal. I don’t really see that many brokers these days that offer paypal deposit options. So if you do use PayPal, then you’ll really appreciate this.
Ok, lets get to the bit about making money – it’s entirely possible to make money on Markets.com. However, it will take skill. Forex platforms are often marketed towards beginners and sadly, they’ll make a deposit, try and trade and lose all their money.
I want you to be a successful trader here are some things you can do to ensure that you get the most out of Markets.com:
- Start with a practice forex account. Whether it’s on Markets or another platform. Never jump into a real account until you’ve practiced first.
- Complete beginners should try Copy Trading on a platform like eToro. That way you can tap into the trading knowledge of an expert and not try and make calls yourself.
- Once you’ve gotten some practice, and tried copy trading you can switch to a real account. Make sure you start by using a low level of leverage.
- Make use of the trading resources offered by Markets. They offer a bunch of educational resources as well as tools to help you make more informed trades.
- Never invest more than you can afford to lose. Forex and CFD trading can be risky!
So if you follow those tips, hopefully you’ll be well on your way to being a profitable trader.
If you’re already and experienced trader, then Markets is definitely worth a look. They offer MT4 platform as well as their own Webtrader and the spreads are reasonably competitive.